Saturn will operate best after it has been used four or five times. For the first few times you may see small air bubbles in the lava. It is normal for the glass to have small air bubbles and moulding scars. Saturn can run for up to 12 hours once warmed up (during one operating cycle). Please allow Saturn to fully cool before running it again. Do not allow Saturn to overheat as this will shorten the life of the lava. If it is overheating there will be either only one large bubble at the top of the bottle or a lot of very small bubbles. NB. Never move the product when it is in use or still warm, as this causes irreparable clouding.
When your Saturn has ended its life, it will begin to go cloudy, the colours may fade and it will not move as well as it once did. This will happen after approximately 2000 hours in operation. Whether your product has end edits life or when you wish to have an alternative colour combination, visit our website at www.mathmos.com for more information on a replacement bottle or full product. NB. Please on no account open the secure cap and add liquids.
Changing the Bulb
- It is essential to allow your product to cool down completely prior to handling or maintaining the product.
- Once your product has completely cooled, carefully lift out the bottle from the base and set down on a sturdy surface safely away from the base.
- Avoid handling the bulb with your bare hands, instead use a soft cloth or similar.
- Fit the bulb into the product by pushing one end in and springing it into place between the lamp holder contacts. (diagram 2).
- Ensure that each end of the bulb is sitting properly in the lamp holder. If the bulb blows, please replace it with one of the same type and wattage. Only fit the correct bulb, as started in the label in the base.
- Visit www.mathmos.com for more information or to purchase are placement bulb.
- This product carries the statutory guarantee of the country of purchase and meets all the applicable standards requirements.
- This product is only suitable for connection to a 220 – 240V ~ 50Hzmains supply. It must only be fitted with a 3A fuse.
- If this is to be installed in a public space then we recommend fitting it to a RCD device.
- This fitting is a Class II, Double Insulated product and does not require an Earth.
- Place the product well away from children under 14 years to prevent breakage.
- Use this product only for its intended use as described in these instructions. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use any other means to heat up the bottle other than the bulb provided nor attempt to cool it down artificially.
- Do not operate the product for more than 12 hours once warmed up(during one operating cycle).
- The liquids in the product are not dangerous and can be disposed of normally (for details, see our online FAQ's at www.mathmos.com). If the liquid is swallowed by mistake, drink plenty of water. If any symptoms appear, please visit a doctor.
- Never use this product if the bottle has been dropped as this will create weakness; obtain a replacement bottle and dispose of the old one. If the contents are spilled please dispose of as much liquid and lava as you can remove, then use recommended cleaning methods for removing coloured water and wax for whatever floor you have.
To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, or injury:
- Unplug from mains outlet before putting on or taking off parts or before cleaning.
- Never operate this product if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is notworking properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if it has been submerged in water.
- The external flexible cable of this product cannot be replaced. If the cableis damaged, please contact Mathmos
- To disconnect, turn the switch to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Never touch the bulb if the product is switched on or if it has just been switched off in order to avoid burning. To replace a defective bulb, unplug the product and let it cool down sufficiently.
NB. Mathmos Ltd. cannot be made liable for damage or injury caused by improper handling, installation or use of its products.
Waste electrical products should not be disposed of with household waste. Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your Local Authority or retailer for recycling advice.